Book and Journal production turn over a new leaf
Since the publication of the first book and journal, for a few centuries, the print product has been the only form of content experience for generations of consumers in the academic and the general audience. That was until the advent of the internet. Computing technologies and mobility devices have disrupted both content production and content consumption – affecting both the ends of the business.
Once considered an arduous task, intervention of technology has today brought about a sea change in how a book or a journal is produced. Today, highly capable pagination systems with an XML or an HTML base are transforming content production for publishers, thereby facilitating multi-channel delivery capabilities. Traditional print-based content products have transformed into an interactive environment in their digital avatar.
Today’s technological advancements provide publishers with an opportunity to develop optimal workflows to shorten their production cycles and output multiple product formats for their target consumers at the same time.
Integra has been offering bespoke production solutions for publishers across all the segments for over 24 years now. From simple to complex layout, plain text to heavy math, Integra leverages technology and highly skilled content engineering professionals to deliver smart solutions.
Integra offers XML-first workflow solutions in all the major pagination software available, facilitating multiple file format output within a single workflow for both books and journals.
- XML-first and Non-XML LaTeX workflow
- For academic publishers whose authors prefer developing content in a LaTeX environment, Integra has developed several workflow automation and QA tools that preserve the integrity of the LaTeX file and can output XML from within a single workflow.
- Multilingual content production capability
- Publishers leverage Integra’s in-house expertise to handle European and Asian language content production. Native language-speaking resources are deployed to ensure the quality of the deliverables.
- Every year we deliver close to 250,000 pages of typeset content in the following non-English languages:
Artwork and Graphics Processing
As part of typesetting services, Integra has significant experience in handling various complexities of artwork and graphics processing. Equipped with latest graphics processing software and high-end computing machines, Integra’s team of graphics processing personnel can handle varied processing requirements like:
- Color correction and manipulation
A team of printing technology graduates and fine arts work on complex artwork needs like retouching and redrawing across multiple types like:
- Mathematical/technical illustrations
- Simple to complex chemical structures
- Engineering drawings
- Medical illustration
- Creative artwork based on situation brief
Content transformation services
With more than a decade’s experience in content transformation services, Integra is best suited to help publishers with their eBook and XML- based conversion needs. Integra helps publishers to capitalize across world markets by offering support across non-English European languages.
Having developed proprietary tools, technology platforms, and tested-and-proven workflows for various eBook conversion requirements, Integra is aptly every publishers’ first choice for their content transformation needs to suit today’s myriad output devices in the marketplace.
- iDigiPub is Integra’s proprietary set of tools developed for creating EPUBs and facilitating XML-based conversions. With in-built quality checking mechanisms and the ability to integrate custom scripts and plugins based on client needs, the iDigiPub offers a wide spectrum of choices for publishers’ conversion needs.
The Integra Advantage
Over 24 years of content production experience.
3 million book and journal typeset pages every year.
In-house multi-lingual content production capability.
Highly evolved workflow solutions and tools.
Few of Our Select Clients
From the Resource Center
Our Related Solutions
With over 24 years of journal content services experience, Integra has developed state-of-the-art technology solutions
Rights and Permissions
Negotiating with copyright owners to get rights and permissions for texts, images, photos and media at costs that meet budgets
Backed by a significant experience gained over 24 years, Integra is recognized as one of the top books publishing
Explore Our Products
Comprehensive project management platform for publishers to have control and visibility of the production
A cloud-based solution to effectively onboard, collaborate, manage and work with a global talent of demand
A cloud-based solution to streamline text permissions, photo research, and media rights acquisition workflows